Sharing Time

Ahhh, yes. It's that time of year-school is over. I can't tell you how sad that makes me. I do love my sweet little girls, but having a little time with less children can really go leaps and bounds toward my sanity. I'm not sure you can read the comic below (you may need to click on it and I hope it gets bigger). Anyway, that's what I want from summer (see comics). Lazy. However, since that's what the kids will be doing that means cooking more, cleaning more and tearing my hair out more than during the school year.
On the other hand, it means more smiles, hugs, life philosophies, and laughter. I really hope that I'm smart enough to enjoy the ride-instead of counting down the days to the arrival. I have the sweetest, spunkiest, smartest, most creative little girls. I am so lucky to be there mom.



On a less sappy note, I made homemade granola this week and it turned out! I got the recipie from a lady that we know and now I'll share it with you so if you feel ambitious and domestic, you can make your own granola too. It tasted great over strawberries topped with vanilla yogurt.


Homemade Granola

10 cups Oatmeal (don't use quick, the oats are nicer in the regular)
1 cup Oat Bran
1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
1 cup coconut
1 cup ground flax seed
1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Warm and melt:
1/2 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup honey

pour over dry ingredients and mix well. Spread on a cookie sheet and roast in the over at 250 degrees for 45-60 minutes until lightly browned.

When cool add:
6 oz raisins
6 oz dried cranberries

Store in a dry container or fridge

P.S. I don't like walnuts so I added more almonds, yum! I bought the wierd not every day stuff, like oat brand and flax at Smiths because they have a great organic/natural foods selection, and you can find that sort of stuff at those sort of stores. Also, not a real fan of raisins, so I put in chocolate chips instead. It turns out really moist and lightly sweetened and you really feel like you're eating healthy-which you are.

Comments

jen said…
You really do have the funnest girls. If only I were closer to witness all of the summer fun and to just hang out with you. Thanks again for just being there for me. YOU are the greatest sis, and I totally agree on the whole non-random-selection-of-sister-thing being GREAT!
...ooh. I will be trying out this recipe. yum!
Scanlon Family said…
Hmm, spelling errors. Perhaps I'd better proof read 5 or 6 times before I publish an entry. I just keep eating it. We haven't been skimpy and it's still there. I'm going to get some right now. YUM!
Anonymous said…
The granola looks fantastic...I'll have to try it.

Popular posts from this blog

A Moment to Enjoy...How Cute They ARE!

Twinkle Toes

Philosophies of Emma