Dogs vs. Kids
So, we have this dog, Tuck. He is a force of nature to be reckoned with. I truly believe that if we let him loose behind enemy lines he could single handily reap destruction that would cripple their army. And he has been loose in my back yard. He has chewed up the hoses to my AC unit, and sprinkler system. He learned how to lift the lid to the box that houses the central system to our sprinkler system and stripped all the wires as well as the wire hooking up to our Digis satellite. He has shredded our deck and had dug several holes 2' deep and 3' wide. As a consequence, he is no longer free to roam the back yard, but spend his time in a kennel until we can get a dog run built.
I also have this kid, Kyra. She is also a force to be reckoned with. Between her and Tuck, they could devastate nations. She can climb anywhere and get into anything. She thinks the toilet is her personal swimming pool and must be under constant supervision. She is cute and sweet and will jab her finger in your eye before you know it. She has colored on all of my walls, left tiny hand prints on all of my furniture and windows, and if there is candy involved there is no obstacle too big for her to obtain it. She thinks it is fun to dance on my kitchen counter tops.
I texted (I am not allowed to call him anymore, I interrupt too much) my sweet husband in exasperation one day after dealing with these two mischievous creatures and told him that I was not sure what is more difficult, kids or dogs. This is his reply:
Kids are more difficult, all the way for several reasons:
1. Dogs, when they understand what you want, will obey 70-90% of the time while kids, when they know what you want, will disobey 70-90% of the time.
2. Locking up a dog in a cage is considered normal, while locking up a child in a cage is generally frowned upon.
3. Dogs don't go to expensive colleges.
4. You have to teach kids about sex and why it's wise not to have it until the time is right. Dogs come with the knowledge built in and you can have them fixed.
5. Babysitting is easier and cheaper for dogs.
Anyway, it gave me a laugh and hope it does for you too. Sorry about the ramble.
I also have this kid, Kyra. She is also a force to be reckoned with. Between her and Tuck, they could devastate nations. She can climb anywhere and get into anything. She thinks the toilet is her personal swimming pool and must be under constant supervision. She is cute and sweet and will jab her finger in your eye before you know it. She has colored on all of my walls, left tiny hand prints on all of my furniture and windows, and if there is candy involved there is no obstacle too big for her to obtain it. She thinks it is fun to dance on my kitchen counter tops.
I texted (I am not allowed to call him anymore, I interrupt too much) my sweet husband in exasperation one day after dealing with these two mischievous creatures and told him that I was not sure what is more difficult, kids or dogs. This is his reply:
Kids are more difficult, all the way for several reasons:
1. Dogs, when they understand what you want, will obey 70-90% of the time while kids, when they know what you want, will disobey 70-90% of the time.
2. Locking up a dog in a cage is considered normal, while locking up a child in a cage is generally frowned upon.
3. Dogs don't go to expensive colleges.
4. You have to teach kids about sex and why it's wise not to have it until the time is right. Dogs come with the knowledge built in and you can have them fixed.
5. Babysitting is easier and cheaper for dogs.
Anyway, it gave me a laugh and hope it does for you too. Sorry about the ramble.
Comments
Either way you look at it though kids or dogs I think separate they are great but together insanity takes over. lol Good luck!
lolololol