Gingerbread Madness

Imagine-a dream. A concept, if you will, starting with "wouldn't it be fun if . . ." and ending with this picture. Last year Laura, Betsy and I built gingerbread houses and thought it might be fun if we entered Logan City's gingerbread competition, mostly because you get to have your creation displayed in the window of one of Main Street's businesses. I said Cinderella's Castle might be fun and would you look here-we've done it. For a step-by-step process, you're welcome to look at Laura's blog barlowbuzz.blogspot.com or follow the link on the right side of mine. I think we're a little crazy (Laura is crazier thought, because she's been the one so obsessed that she's dreaming about the silly thing.) But it's been fun, it's turning out beautiful and I'm excited for next year! I'll be going to Logan on Friday and I'll head over to Poco Loco where our 'Mona Lisa' will be displayed and get a picture of the final project and post it here. We're also going to try and get Disney to post a picture on their employee web site, so we'll see!

Comments

jen said…
Oh my gosh, Andrea! I just saw the pictures on Laura's blog....holy crap, that is awesome! I knew that you all were talented at sewing, singing, and hysterical people to be around, but I had know idea that you are all fantastic gingerbread-sters...? Not sure what to call it, but it's freaking cool.
Betsy B said…
Sweet! Maybe next year I'll help you guys out! I mean on purpose (I think the bridge looks better short...) I think the finished product is amazing! You're totally going to win!!

Popular posts from this blog

A Moment to Enjoy...How Cute They ARE!

Twinkle Toes

Philosophies of Emma