I Am Ashamed

So some of you may or may not know that we have Wii Fit . . . it's really fun and I feel like I get a pretty good work out and the nice little wii board gets to tell me that I'm obese. Why do this to myself-I don't know, but it says it in such a cute little voice that funny enough, it doesn't hurt as much as when my sweet children say "Mom, you have a fat belly cuz you had kids, huh." But I digress.

Today I was was working out-taking it slow since I've been out of town, visiting family, etc a lot last month and haven't been exercising. So I ran the short distance run which is about 1/4 mile and felt winded and a little dead (I used to be able to do the island run which is about 3/4 miles, but I'm back out of shape). Then my sweet Allie asks for a turn, runs the short distance and then wants to do the free run. All together she ran 3 1/2 miles and was asking to do more. It doesn't even help me to save face to say "Well, she IS almost 4 . . . and I'm almost 30." Ouch! But I am proud of the little trooper and since my goal is to run a 5K next spring, I think I'll take Allie with me and hopefully, she won't put me to shame again!

Comments

the daniels said…
Weight gain is a fact of life with babies. Losing weight will be my goal...forever. I'm planning to run a 5K next spring too!!!!! Soul sistah's fohevah!

Janae
ps I just realized that we BOTH married Jasons. :)
jen said…
Isn't amazing that computers can be less intimidating/offensive than humans? Sorta sad. Don't feel bad, everyone has those days of starting slow after recooping from offschedule weeks. Kudos to you on your goal for the spring! I'm so proud of you! I'd love to be there to cheer you along the way! Let me know when you are going and I'll have to come out to UT then. :) Hooray for Andrea!
Melissa said…
Race for the Cure!!! First Saturday in May. Are you there?
Laura said…
cleaver writing! Don't worry about being out-run by a 4 year old. Allie is a special case in energy. If you want to feel good, go up against Joshua. I'm sure you can outrun him!
La Familia Mata said…
Good for you for the goal of a 5K! I keep thinking someday I will become a runner. Best of luck to you!
DC Roses said…
Kids can run circles around their parents. It's a well proven fact. If only the energy balanced was reversed, with kids being tired and the parents having tons of energy to spare! Good for you though, working out. I should start too!

Popular posts from this blog

A Moment to Enjoy...How Cute They ARE!

Twinkle Toes

Philosophies of Emma