Fish and Death By Fire
"There will be a giant fireball that will come out of the sky! It will smash into the Earth and THEN-you will die!"
Allie didn't quite believe her and I heard Emma several times that day assuring her that she was going to die by fireball. Where in the world do these kids learn things?
Also, on Sunday we went to my parents (quite unplanned, but that's another story too gory to be shared on a family blog) for dinner. Jason brought his air rifle (with a scope) and plinker. He just loves to shoot for recreation. Well, he wrangled me into trying it-I really am a fair shot, so it's not like I'm without skills. I was a little nervous about using the scope, since I've never used one. Well, I lined up my aim and shot . . . and missed. A few seconds later, the pond-which was behind the plinker started getting crazy ripples and a fish popped up. It swam around insanely for a minute until Jason was able to catch it with his bare hands, where it died. I had managed to kill myself a 4 lb brown trout. I think next time, we'll go shoot behind the dirt mounds and not right next to the pond. :)
Comments
Trista
And here I have been thinking that the end of the world would come because we had a drought of chocolate that was mercifully ended by a giant earthquake... I stand corrected.
p.s. this is actually Betsy not David I just didn't want to resign in...
Oh. And I totally agree with Emma. We will die by fire balls.